Billing & Credit Card Information
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
MasterChef Singapore Finalist Sowmiya Venkatesan is passionate about contributing to eating fresh, eating right and eating better. She loves cooking, creating recipes that excite the palate and feeding people. Sowmiya adds a modern, healthier twist to classic dishes that have taken Indian food to all corners of the world.
Sowmiya loves to play with flavours, texture combinations and spices, and she pairs new ingredients with traditional dishes. This gives her food unique taste profiles and depth of character. Sowmiya herself is a vegetarian, so executing veg*n plates is not an afterthought for her.
ABOUT THE CLASS:
This will be the first of a 3-part series where participants will learn to cook a base curry from scratch, without using a "curry powder", and then adapt it into 2 different dishes. You will also acquire skills in making speciality Indian flatbreads! After the 3 weeks, you will be able to cook combinations of Indian meals to include different Indian curries and handmade Indian speciality flatbreads. The class does not require prior cooking skills and you can sign up for 1 class or all.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER:
EatRoamLive is your go-to resource for all things vegan and vegetarian in Singapore. From dining at restaurants to working with chefs, they leave no stones unturned to find and/or cook the finest plant-based food that you can tuck into your tummies.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Introduction to ingredients & cuisine style
- Fresh ingredients & fully-equipped kitchen
- Demonstration by our instructor
- Semi-Hands-on food preparation
- Recipes provided
- Post-workshop mingling and eating
Vegan Broccoli "Butter Masala" Curry; Fenugreek "Laccha" Paratha; Tofu "Butter Masala" (Demo)
- Amongst the most popular Indian dishes in the world, Butter Masala is an indulgent, buttery, mildly spiced curry that is tomato based and slow-cooked to perfection. This easy-to-make, healthier recipe is a dairy-free version with cashew nuts providing the butteriness. Participants will learn to adapt the base curry into 2 dishes
o Broccoli Butter Masala
o Tofu Butter Masala.
- Paired with unleavened, whole wheat, Fenugreek Laccha Paratha that doesn't need the fuss of flipping and tossing. A recipe from North India with its name derived from two words, ”parat” meaning layers and ”atta”meaning flour.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT:
The maximum class size is 15 persons. To run the
class, at least 7 persons are needed.
If there is a no-show by the participant, no make-up class will be conducted – fees are non-refundable.
If the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you 3 days before the event by email, and a refund will be processed.
WE DON'T JUST LOVE FOOD, WE ADORE FOOD.
The pleasure of discovering, creating and sharing good food is what inspired us to develop The Providore brand. Good food in all its forms; wholesome, traditional, innovative, nurturing and nourishing is what drives us.
We believe in serving authentic fresh food, and our retail products have been carefully sourced and beautifully prepared exclusively for our brand.
At our Cooking Studio, we also share delightful recipes from all over the world and show you how to recreate them.